Digital Locker, one of the key initiatives under the Digital India initiative, is aimed at eliminating the usage of physical documents.
It also enables sharing of e-documents across Government agencies via a mechanism to verify “authenticity” of the documents online.
Residents can also upload their own electronic documents and digitally sign them using the e-sign facility.
So these digitally sign documents can share with Government organizations or other entities.EasyCanvasPrints Limited Time Offer: 40% off All Wood Prints!
User Id Creation of Digital Locker
Step 1: Access digital locker
- Visit at https://digitallocker.gov.in/
- Citizens with Aadhaar number can also create Digital Locker accounts.
- Then kindly ensure that your current mobile number is registered with Aadhaar number.
- You can also update your mobile number in Aadhaar by visiting any UIDAI center.
Step 2: Click on ‘Sign Up’
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Enter your unique 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Two options are there to proceed further – Use OTP or Use Fingerprint
Option 1: Use Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number – Select ‘Use OTP’
- OTP received on your Aadhaar registered mobile needs to be entered on the screen.
- Then click on Verify button
- After validation of OTP, the application will prompt the user to create ‘Username’ and ‘Password’.
Option 2: Use Fingerprint for Authentication – Select ‘Use Fingerprint’
- Aadhaar approved biometric device is required for scanning a fingerprint.
- Click on Use Fingerprint button to Sign Up using a fingerprint instead of a mobile number.
- This option is useful if the Aadhaar registered mobile number is not available or updated.
- Then select the device type which uses for scanning the fingerprint.
- Select declaration check box for proceeding further.
- The fingerprint will be captured from the fingerprint scanner once the finger is placed on the device.
- After validation of fingerprint, the application will prompt a user to create ‘Username’ and ‘Password’.
Step 4: User ID Creation
- The application will prompt the user to create ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. Enter you are desired.
- Click on Sign Up button Username and Password for ‘Digital Locker’ account.
- Then after successful account creation, the application will show the ‘Dashboard’ page
Sign In into Digital Locker Account
Step 1: Click on ‘Sign In’
- Go to https://digitallocker.gov.in
- Click on Sign In at the top of the page
Step 2: Enter User
- Details User can log in via any of these 3 available options:
- Aadhaar Number and the OTP
- Username and Password will provide during account creation
- Facebook ID validation
- Entering Aadhaar OTP if Aadhaar number option select then click on Verify OTP
- Then entering User ID and Password if User Name option selected then click on Sign In button after that
- Entering Facebook ID and Password if Social Media (Facebook) option selected in Digital Account.
Uploading Certificates & Documents in Digital Locker
Step 1: Document Upload Screen
- After signing into Digital Locker then click on Uploaded Documents and then click on Upload to your documents in the Digital Locker Account.
- Multiple documents can also upload at a time.
Step 2: Document Upload Screen
- Click on the Upload button as shown in the image
- Choose the location and select the file(s).
- After selecting a file(s), click on Open button.
- Then you can upload multiple documents at a time.
Step 3: Select Document Type
- Click on ‘Select Doc Type’ for any document listed in Uploaded Documents list.
- Choose the Document type from the given drop down.
- If your document does not match with also any of the predefined document types then select “Others” from the drop down.
- After above-mentioned steps, click on Save button in Digital Locker Account.
- After login into Digital Locker account. Then click on Uploaded Documents to view all user uploaded certificates and also documents.
- Then users can edit (file names, Doctype), download and also share files from here.
- Click on eSign link provided for each document in Uploaded Document
- The user will receive an OTP on mobile which needs to fill in the text box.
- After entering OTP, click on eSign button.
- Selected document will be eSigned (and converted into pdf if not already a pdf document)
- So only one document can eSign at a time.
- Click on share link provided for each document in Uploaded Document
- The user will get a pop-up for entering email ID with whom this document will be shared.
- After entering email ID, click on send button.
- Selected document will share then provide an email address.
- Only one document can also share at a time.
Viewing Issued Documents
- After login into Digital Locker account. Then click on Issued Documents to view all issued certificates.
- Users will be able to view URI of the documents shared with him/her by registered issuers.
- Then clicking on URI will fetch the actual document directly from issuer database/file system.
- After login into Digital Locker account. Then click on Activity to view all the activities performed by the logged in user in the system.
- The activity list is only for viewing. It can not edit and also delete.
- After login into Digital Locker account then click on Issuers to view all registered issuers who are part of the Digital Locker system.
Are you making any of these fatal guests How to create Digital Locker account? Then let me hear your thoughts in the comments!
Did you find this article information useful of Digital Locker Account? Share it with your blogging friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!